How much more shame will the citizens of Columbia accept?
More at Columbia Spy
“Maybe Mayor Lutz should worry about getting a shooter off the streets of Columbia. It is rumored that the police know exactly who shot two people in Columbia on Sunday but the police ‘can’t find him.’ They have a duty to release the name to the public!” – Lancaster Independent Press
LIPNews also questions whether there’s “racism in Columbia.”
Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote of the day … “Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul … but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October.” – Peggy Toney Horton, author.
- Mayor closes Venues; claims it’s a “public nuisance” and a “threat to health and safety.” – Columbia Spy
- “After former employees complained of problems at the Susquehanna Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Columbia, ABC27 News investigated | ABC27 confronts nursing home about complaints of cockroaches, filth, verbal abuse“
- “LIVE Q&A with Amanda about her investigation at Susquehanna Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Columbia, Lancaster County”. – ABC27 News facebook page
- Lebanon’s got a great problem – too many qualified citizens to fill vacated council seat! – The Lebanon Daily News
- Chubby candidates? Citizens could care less – The New York Times
- Why Are America’s White People So Upset? “What’s Going on With America’s White People?” – Politico Magazine
- “The German American Society of York namely Alpenrose will celebrate Oktoberfest on October 15, 2016 with a German dance and party at the Alert Fire Hall, Emigsville, Pa. It will be an evening of German food, dance and music.The Oktoberfest is October 15, 2016 at the Emigsville Fire Hall. See “club events” for details. – SOURCE: news release
- Pennsylvania’s “best grocery store is ?” – The Daily Meal
- America’s Worst Car is? – 24/7 Wall St.
- Time to QUIT | “According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, individuals who live with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders are twice as likely to smoke as other people and consume about 40 percent of all cigarettes smoked in America.” – ActionToQuit.org
- Prostate cancer? Know the best options – just released study says “active monitoring” may be best. – The New York Times
- Mountville Turkey Hill robbed – West Hempfield Tounship CrimeWatch