Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “It was lewd, obscene, insensible—but not enough to make me want to vote for Hillary Clinton.” – Robert Jeffress, senior pastor at First Baptist Church of Dallas, in this Wall Street Journal, “Conservative Christian Support for Donald Trump Tested by Candidate’s Lewd Comments.”
- Meanwhile other evangelicals leaders and politicos have had enough of his hate-mongering, “boys will be boys” garbage – Christiantoday.com; Thehill.com
- In Germany, he’s known as the “preacher of hate!” – dw.com
- Smucker simply says, “I strongly denounce these offensive comments.” – Lancaster Online
- ” I had the ‘privilege’ of kicking the ‘racist mayor’ (aka my boss) out of our station while he suspended me no less than five times.” – West York’s police chief in this column about his first month as chief in this small York County community (population, 4,577) recently rocked with scandal. This link includes a really interesting short video clip from the council meeting.
- “The town council would have us believe that this is the first indication of the racism harbored by their mayor. Puhleeze. You knew all that and still let this sewer rat be in charge of the police.” – Comment to a post at West York Borough’s facebook page following the announcement of that Community’s October 1 Community Forum on Race Relations and Local Government.
- West York School District includes the Borough of West York and the Township of West Manchester.
- “struck a woman in the face” – “pointed a weapon at a man” – these are two of the Columbia incidents reported in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster‘s POLICE LOG.
- Arrested | Bethlehem Police officer was “just trying to stay awake.” – Philly.com
Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.… except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- Feeling adventurous; want to eat in “third-world-like” charm? Grab a bite at the American Bar & Grill after reading the citations and violations. – Lancaster County inspections this week – Lancaster Online
- In York County only one place to eat out of compliance: Chuck E. Cheese. Any surprise there? – York County restaurant inspections. – The York Dispatch
- Video: Restaurant Inspections
SOURCE: news release