Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “It is an exciting time, as we will be assembling the people who will be tackling the problems facing the country and making America great again.” – Another member of the transition team, Pa. Congressman Lou Barletta – in this Pennlive article.
Another quote … “Not surprised. Gerrymandering Lou will be out of a job in 2018. He’s just jumping on the Trump Train, now, getting the most bang for the buck. Won’t be long till he is on unemployment, then he can double dip in D.C. Peas in a pod. Sad.” – A comment following the same article.
Take a look a the specially created “gerrymandered” map of the geography that was carved out to fit the ultra-extremist’s mantra – remember, representatives are supposed to represent the will of the citizens represented. One-time “anti-Barletta” opponent, and Millersville graduate, Andy Ostrowski says some interesting things about Barletta here.
- It’s a “family affair” transition team – scary times!
- “Extrememist” flood gates about to open – “look alike” from the other side of the river
- Wanna’ make yourself crazy? Sick? Take some time to read the LNP – Always editorial: “A misleading ballot question on judges’ retirement achieves the desired result?”
- Then take another 20 minutes to follow the path of the Pennsylvania Judicial Retirement Age Amendment (2016). Get it? It’s this humongous number of dysfunctional “polarized” legislators and big money that gets the desired effect – citizen confusion; enormous expense and nothing accomplished – in the state of “Dysfunctia.”
- “Inside Owsley: America’s poorest white county”