Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon? – Dr. Seuss.
- And – suddenly – it’s December!
- Monday meeting in Millersville | “Organized by police and community leaders, the meetings began after two Columbia teens armed with a rifle allegedly fired shots at police officers in July.”
- At Columbia’s December 12 council meeting, councillors will “consider for adoption” rules for “BYOB clubs” and “disruptive conduct at residential rental units” and “Rules and Regulations of the Lancaster Area Sewer Authority.” – Legal Notice at Lancaster Online
- One Pennsylvania municipality defines BYOB as – “the term is meant to stand for ‘bring your own bottle,’ ‘bring your own beer,’ ‘bring your own beverage,’ ‘bring your own bag,’ or ‘bring your own booze.’ The practice of an individual bringing any alcoholic beverage to an establishment or property from another location for the purpose of consumption by either themselves or others.”
- “What if” resilience | “For local governments, saving often means declining to fund otherwise worthy endeavors.”
- The Private Public Partnership form of ‘government’ – The Anti-Corruption Society
- Don’t light ’em if you got ’em | “U.S. Imposes Nationwide Ban On Smoking In All Public Housing”
- This New York Times Magazine article shows it’s not easy being super-rich.
- Mean while in Pennsylvania, some state employees are slated to get get layoff notices while “Politicians always find money when it’s in their interest. For their annual raises – which, for lawmakers, kick in this week – for their perks, pensions, pet projects.” – John Baer’s column.