An e-mail from the borough:
NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE NOT ALAREADY (sic) PAID YOUR COUNTY/MUNICIPAL TAXES
The 2016 Municipal/County Tax Bills may be paid at the Borough Office located at 308 Locust Street during regular business hours.
All taxes paid after December 15, 2016 must be by certified check, money order or cash.
- Please use the bill stub and envelope included with your bill. If no stub is available, mail to: Columbia Borough Tax Collections, 308 Locust St, Columbia, PA 17512
- When taxes are paid by mail, the US postmark will be considered the date paid – NO EXCEPTIONS .
Letters mailed at some locations may not be postmarked until the following day, so please exercise caution when meeting this deadline.
- If you pay by mail and a receipt is required, please include both portions of the tax bill with your payment and a self-addressed, stamped envelope; otherwise only one copy of the bill is required with payment.
Original bill stub or photocopy will be accepted at our office.
If a receipt is desired, please take the entire bill and request that the top portion be stamped as paid.
Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience and operate as efficiently as possible…” – Comcast’s reason for closing its county-located Workforce Operations Center and moving the jobs to Pittsburgh. – Lancaster Online
Second Quote for today … “We must refuse to normalize Trump’s behavior. We must demand honesty in our government.” – from a letter to the editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster
- Musser’s founder, Abner Gray Musser, Jr. obituary – Lancaster Online
“Obituary: John Glenn” – BBC News
- Wow! 200+ people at Carlisle’s Council meeting – that’s community engagement: “Carlisle approves anti-discrimination ordinance” – Pennlive
- Columbia Spy reports resignation from Columbia Borough School District board of directors
- BOROUGH NOTICE: “Curbside leaf collection in Columbia Borough will end on Friday, December 16, 2016. However, the Borough Farm which is located at 254 Blue Lane will continue to be open on the second Saturday of each month (year round) from 8am-12pm for drop-off.”