Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “ it is yet another government system that is totally nonfunctional.” – From a letter-to-the-editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster pointing out the total ineffectiveness of the federal and Pennsylvania DO-NOT-CALL LISTS.
- Prescription prices: “outstripping seniors’ incomes” – Philly.com
- School pension costs shoot up again – Philly.com
- Help Wanted: Become a state trooper; start at just under $59,000 – WPXI.com
- So Columbia makes it into the School Briefs in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster. Didn’t see anything Columbia in the Municipal Briefs, though.
- York County school district “cowboys up” in kneeling cheerleader instance. – “As such, the district recognizes each student’s right to express him/herself, provided that such expression complies with policy and state and federal regulations.
- OPINION | Bravo, Northeastern School District! Kneeling for a cause is far, far less disrespectful than the images we see at athletic events: spectators and athletes not paying any attention to the playing of the National Anthem. Precious few of them actually render respect by placing their hands over their hearts; many, in fact, continue wearing their caps, munching on food or just goofing off.