Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “The Visitors Center will be closed until Monday, January 2, 2017.” – A Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce email – yet there’s no mention at the Website. If you are a visitor to Columbia during the holidays, you’re on your own and out of luck.
- Not exactly “fake news” and not exactly “news.” But is does have Columbia in the headline. – The Exception
- “Happy Birthday, Colo! World’s Oldest Gorilla Celebrates 60th” – LiveScience.com
- In an Lancaster Online article, ” … shoppers at Columbia Market House talked about their favorite holiday foods … ”
- The Columbia Historic Market House will be open today from 10 am to 3 pm though the Website states: “We will have fewer amount of stand holders open this weekend and next weekend so they can spend time with their families during this holiday season.“
- Lancaster County’s clear thinkers reach out – Lancaster Online
- “Report of Jewish family fleeing Lancaster County called ‘untrue’; news organization stands by report” – PennLive
- “First openly gay person in Pa. General Assembly concerned about Trump presidency” – Central Penn Business Journal
- E-blast from the borough: “The Columbia Borough Office will be closed on Monday, December 26th and Tuesday December 27th for the Christmas Holiday and Monday, January 2nd for the New Year Holiday. If you have not paid your 2016 County and Municipal Taxes yet please remember that they must be paid by December 30th and may only be paid with cash, certified check or money order and must be postmarked by December 31st. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!”
- It’s ironic that citizens can pay their Federal and State taxes with credit cards.
- A breathalyzer for your smartphone – Philly.com
and then there’s this!
- “VIDEO: Step Inside a Real SWAT Team Pot Raid — See if You Can Tell Who the ‘Bad Guys’ Are” – The Free Thought Project