Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Quote for today … “Elite Energy and Brucekies Pub would like to put a $ 500.00 cash reward if some one comes forward to Columbia Borough Police Dept. Or you can come in or call Elite Energy in confidence @ 717 684 2181″. – from a comment following the Columbia Police Department’s facebook page post asking for assistance with vandalism.
Second Quote for today … “This to me is a scary thing to repeal. Are we now headed down the road now where these churches and non profits will begin diverting some of their funds towards specific candidate endorsement and politicing instead of using the funds for proper causes? Just scary” – comment following Lancaster Online Insider article about the POTUS promise to “‘totally destroy’ the law that bars religious leaders from politicking from the pulpit.”
- Bright kids | “Elizabethtown third grade students think Groundhog Day is a sham” – Lancaster Online
- Consulting fees $24,000 a month | Bright? – FOX43-TV
- Receipts? We don’t need no stinkin’ receipts | LNP – Always Lancaster‘s editorial today challenges Pennsylvania’s legislators no receipts required per diem perks.”As is stands, a per diem, minus accountability, is just another reminder to taxpayers that their elected representatives are in service only for themselves. “
- Hm-m-m | Anti the Alt Right are “anarchists” – The New York Times
- Two steps backwards; one forward | change in Israeli settlement stance – The Washington Post
- Truth takeover – Robert Reich column
- Partners in Thyme meeting notice for February 3 and beyond
- Are you using Lean Extreme Max to curb your appetite? | Don’t