There are steps to take | to start a non profit. There’s a lot more to it than just saying it.
This process is very similar to creating a regular corporation except that you have to take the extra steps of applying for tax-exempt status with the IRS and their state tax division. These are the steps to take to incorporate your nonprofit:
- Choose a business name – Make sure to check the state-by-state information on the various laws that apply to naming a nonprofit in your state.
- Appoint a Board of Directors – Draft your bylaws with guidance from your Board of Directors. These are the operating rules for your nonprofit.
- Decide on a legal structure – Choose whether your organization will be a trust, corporation, or association.
- File your incorporation paperwork – You must next file formal paperwork, or articles of incorporation, and pay a small filing fee to your state. Look up your state office through the National Association of State Charity Officials (NASCO).
- Apply for tax-exempt status – A nonprofit organization may be eligible for exemption from federal income tax. The IRS provides guidance and instructions on applying for tax-exempt status. Learn more about federal tax exemption requirements in IRS Publication 557 – Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization (PDF, Download Adobe Reader) or by calling the IRS Tax Exempt and Government Entities Hotline at 1-877-829-5500.
Today’s weather will be a dream | but then LOOK OUT: “Monday will feature plenty of blue sky, no rain, low humidity, and slightly cooler temperatures. It will be the coolest day of the week, ahead of potentially dangerous summertime heat.” – FOX43-TV
Crowned in Lancaster | Allentown educator and mom is Mrs. Pennsylvania – The Penn Live
The future | is in the hands / minds of the Chinese – 60 Minutes
It’s about “state control” | “Made in China, Exported to the World: The Surveillance State” – The New York Times
Biggest threat? | “China” says nominee to be chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff – Task & Purpose [NOTE: Candor and truth speak is not favored in “the swamp.]
A better way to learn | Watch this too – 60 Minutes
A better way to learn | Here’s one of John Green’s “Crash Course” YouTube videos
If Hitler had Twitter | It would have looked like this. Go back where you came from.
Pho King FREE in Lancaster | is one of the “9 Pa. restaurants with free food if you complete their gut-busting challenges” – Penn Live