today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.” – Will Rogers
- Mitt ain’t staying at Super 8’s or Comfort Inn’s – Pinterest
- Protesters “rallied in front of Columbia Borough Hall on Tuesday and demanded the reinstatement of Carmen Swinehart as Columbia Historic Market House manager.” – MyColumbiaews
- “PPL Electric Utilities said Tuesday it will cut its residential rates by 10.7 percent, effective March 1. PPL said it’s been able to trim rates because it’s paying less to obtain power on the wholesale market, a trend it foresees continuing.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- NOTE: PPL issues scam alert. ““Telephone scam artists recently tried to persuade some PPL Electric Utilities customers to give them personal information and money. In one case, the caller even threatened to disconnect the customer’s power. Don’t be fooled.” PPL Electric Website
- “Ephrata strives to breed business” – MyEphrataNews
- “Gus the groundhog, the furry fictional pitchman for the Pennsylvania lottery, is headed for the unemployment line. Lottery officials say they are retiring the character described as “the second-most famous groundhog in Pennsylvania.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Caring communities share preparedness with their citizens. Here is New York’s preparedness “communication with its citizens.” The Website advises citizens about what to do for these “what if; never gonna’ happen” incidents.