today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today …“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” – Albert Einstein
- “A rash of car ransackings, graffiti and “stickering” hit the Columbia area in the past week. Ten unlocked vehicles were ransacked on two separate nights, overnight Feb. 21 and overnight Sunday … ” – LancasterOnLine
- Is it time to “Release Strategic Petroleum Reserve Supply?“ – 24/7 Wall Street
- Don’t you just hate it when someone (especially when that someone is an elected “public servant”) “interfears?” Loose lips and facebook follies
- Next step: Censorship! “Top Social Media Websites Caught Censoring Controversial Content” – GlobalResearch
- “Dismissal of market manager sparks rift” – MyColumbiaNews
- “Ousted Columbia market manager speaks out” – MyColumbiaNews
- Though forced; this Penn State Website is a beacon of transparency.
- “Lindsey M. Herr was named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Bloomsburg University, where she is a sophomore majoring in speech pathology. A 2010 graduate of Penn Manor High School, she is the daughter of Larry and Sharon Herr of Washington Boro. – The following area students were named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Indiana University of Pennsylvania: Columbia: Morgan Elizabeth Difenderfer, nursing; Stefani Rose Helm, hospitality management. Marietta: Joseph P. Yatsko, marketing. Mountville: David DiLouie, undeclared. – The following area students were named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Slippery Rock University: Marietta: Brittany Green. Mountville: Alissa Mathias.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “Imagine this family budget! Last year, you earned $24,700. But you spent $37,900, incurring $13,300 in debt, and you were already $153,500 in debt. So you say, ‘I promise I’ll spend $300 less this year!’” – John Stossel’s opinion column, “Politicians fiddle while fiscal crisis looms” at TownHall
- Two of the “Letters to the editors” in today’s Intelligencer Journal/New Era