today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Sell crazy someplace, we’re all stocked up here.” – Jack Nicholson’s character in the 1997 movie, “As Good As It Gets.” From Philadelphia Daily News political columnist, John Baer’s, column entitled “Watching Pa. politics is Capitol punishment.” [NOTE: Particularly applicable, locally.]
- “Gasoline for $5 a gallon? The possibility is hardly far-fetched.” – The New York Times
- “Suspected bank robber captured a police storm barn near Columbia. Authorities said Palmisano held up Union Community Bank, 10 S. 18th St., around 2:15 p.m. and then fled on foot into a wooded area behind the Columbia Shopping Center along Route 462.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “Smokers may soon have fewer places to light up in Columbia. Borough council voted five-to-two Tuesday in favor of drafting legislation that will ban all tobacco use on all municipal-owned property. The legislation, if passed, would prohibit smoking at borough-owned or borough-leased parks, buildings and bus stops, but would not include streets.” – MyColumbiaNews
- “Young Lungs at Play” Honor Roll of Pennsylvania Tobacco Free Park Communities – Penn State Extension
From left, Taylor Conroy as the Wicked Witch of the West, confronts Tyler Garrison as the Tin Man, Gabby Kashner as Dorothy, Alex Dewalt as the Cowardly Lion, Larissa Melbert as the Scarecrow and Nicole Bowman as the Good Witch Glinda in a scene from Columbia High School’s spring musical. “The Wizard of Oz,” which will run March 8 to 10 at the high school. (Photo by Bill Clark – MyColumbiaNews)
- When the bailouts are gone, the big Read the rest of this entry »