today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, and now Syria had peace and calm until Washington intervened belligerently.” – from an opinion article by Steven Lendman, Planned Regime Change in Syria
- Congratulations, McKenna Munoz, Our Lady of the Angels sixth-grader – Click here to read her winning entry!
- Duty. Honor. Country. 2011 Veteran of the Year awardee.
- Vietnam veteran? Yes. War hero? Maybe. Whack job? For sure. “McCain calls for air strikes on Syria” – Government Executive
- “This Sunday, Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum proudly opens a new yearlong exhibit: ‘The Golden Age of an American Art Form: The Lancaster Long Rifle.’ Piecing together an unprecedented collection, some 70 long rifles made in Lancaster County between the 1770s and 1840s will be on display for close-up admiration at the state museum’s exhibit gallery, located in the visitor center, 2451 Kissel Hill Road.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era [NOTE:Here’s a link to the Lancaster County Longrifles.]
- Letter to the editor from today’s Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- It just keeps on with these trusted folks in not-for-profit organizations; this time in Chester County as “A local fire official was arrested Friday on charges of embezzlement and fraud after funds were removed from the bank accounts of a historic Chester County firefighters’ association.” – West Chester Daily Local News
- Here’s something you don’t see every day: “A fire chief in northeast Read the rest of this entry »