today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “It appears there is a thin chalk line between us and anarchy. Police in various states are cracking down on a criminal epidemic sweeping the nation: sidewalk chalk protesters.” – From this post “The Chalk Menace: Pennsylvania Man Charged With Writing On Public Sidewalk In Front Of Governor’s Mansion.” – JonathanTurley.org
- We captured the touchdown of balloonist – and Columbia native – Cliff Logan, Jr., as he landed his balloon craft with passengers aboard, about an hour ago. Columbia news, views & reviews will have more pictures tomorrow. In the meanwhile, take a look at AE Balloon Flights Website and Cliff’s bio.
- Passed Senate bill will allow brewers to sell beer at farmers markets – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Say what? “Armstrong: it’s ‘impossible’ to win the classic race without doping” – The Daily Beast [NOTE to the “cycling a _ _ hole:” A cheater never wins and a winner never cheats, but someone always wins. It’s just not that everyone is a megalomaniac, an obsessed cheater.]
- Without the cheaters: “The historic 100th edition of the Tour de France, kicking off today in Porto-Vecchio, Corsica, is being heralded by many as the cleanest Tour ever.” – The Conversation
- “A new CPR protocol established in Pennsylvania this year will more than double cardiac arrest survival rates, medical and emergency professionals say.” – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Letter to the editor: Pennsylvania should look to California for good alcohol laws – Harrisburg Patriot-News