today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Unfortunately, the roles have reversed as it is taxpayers who are now serving the elected officials, rather than the official performing a public service.” – from a letter to the editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster. The letter is one of two that slams the massive personal benefits and compensation of elected public servants like Joe Pitts – bestowed by the few blindly-obedient voters who are among the minority who actually vote.
- Water companies monitoring water quality as the “trifecta of melting snow and a heavy rainfall event and localized flooding.” – FOX43-TV
- “The SNOW EMERGENCY has been lifted”according to the Columbia Borough Website.
- Columbia Borough School District Website lists PRELIMINARY GENERAL FUND BUDGET for 2016-2017
- PA senator wants to “take politics out of politics” by ending gerrymandering. – FOX43-TV
- Gee, who didn’t know this? Slime in politics? “Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton received big checks recently from obscure corporations or from nonprofits that don’t have to disclose their donors’ names.” – Associated Press
Can good news covers bad news?
- Persons employed includes part-timers who were employed for holiday shopping periods. The County’s labor force expanded approximately 4% since 2005; remember that a person is considered unemployed if “they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work.”