today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “It is high time that our county commissioners get a handle on these departments, modernize their practices and bring our emergency responders into the 21st century.” – Excerpted from a letter to the editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster. The letter writer, from Columbia, challenges the fire ” departments’ lack of proper training and ongoing competency checks, the internal election of officers and the lack of members truly willing to dedicate themselves to the craft rather than chasing glory.”
- This is Sunshine Week: an “annual nationwide celebration of access to public information and what it means for you and your community.”
The editorial in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster.
- Wonder why, when they pay to publish as legally stipulated, these qovernment entities would not automatically publish their LEGAL NOTICES at their Websites: Columbia Borough – Columbia Borough School District – Columbia Economic Development Corporation?
- Wonder why, too, there’s a shameless plug for “related link: Car Wash Supplies – Car Wash Parts – Self Serve Car Wash Equipment” at the bottom of the CEDC’s homepage.
- Blighted property: this one “208-210 Locust Street Columbia, PA owned by Samuel and Cynthia Bigler” – Lancaster Online
- Sheriff Sale property: 454 CHERRY STREET – Lancaster Online
- See the facebook chatter following this post? “Just wondering…How often is an inspector to come around? Lived here 17 yrs & I believe only here 3 times”