Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “For the record I would like to say that health issues were not the main reason I resigned from the board. However, I was disappointed that Iris Garrido was not chosen to fill my vacant position, since she had the 2nd highest number of votes in the Nov. election. She would have been a valuable asset to the board. Hopefully she will be considered for the current vacant position being advertised.” – from this article about a school board director resignation at Columbia Spy.
- And you think still there’s “transparency” at the Columbia Borough School District Board?
- Where is the board vacancy position being advertised? Of course, in the Merchandiser, but not at the School District’s Website.
- According to board minutes, a couple months ago “President Tom Strickler recused himself from any discussions regarding ELANCO shared Leadershipagreement because ofhis intent to apply for the Administrative position at CBSD.” Has anyone seen a posted notice of that position anywhere. Should the districts’ new superintendent and boards actively search for the most qualified talent available for all open positions?
- The State Budget | Governor “$31.5B spending plan become law” – Pennlive
2016-17 PROPOSED BUDGET (INTRODUCED BY GOVERNOR TOM WOLF, February 9, 2016)
- PA’s already expensive legislature budget line items get major boosts in the proposed budget
- How much do we pay our legislators compared to other states? A lot!!!
- And Pennsylvania has a slew of them compared to other states | “Overall, since 1960, there has been a slight downward trend in the total number of state legislators in the country—from 7,781 in 1960 to 7,383 today.
- But then look at the “SIZE OF STATE LEGISLATIVE STAFF” compared to other states.