Today’s quote … ” … it is not slander if it’s demonstrably true.” – Universally accepted and defined slander defense. Resumés posted by individuals at Linkedin and other open-domain sites; public minutes; and firsr-person statements are demonstrably true. Also, true will be documents requested and provided (and maybe not provided) right-to-know- files pertinent to a governmental action.
Another quote … “As time goes on, I’m less inclined to dine at restaurants given the lack of transparency and accountability for hygiene and sanitation. Although that may harm compliant stores, the responsibility lies with indifferent restaurant associations and governments that put ‘business friendly’ above public safety.” – comment following this article at nj.com
- Citizens, everywhere, are wearying of being hornswaggled by “elected public servants.” There’s an article in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster that states: “An operator of a popular Halloween-themed attraction asserts that Mountville Borough Council broke the law Monday when it met behind closed doors to discuss his property.”
- A raft of commenters follow this Columbia Spy article: “Strickler skips meeting without explanation; board grapples with questions”
- “EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNINGS REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING” – National Weather Service.
- Rescue on The River – FOX43TV
- From a comment at Columbia Spy [NO NOTICE AT THE COLUMBIA POLICE FACEBOOK PAGE NOR CRIMEWATCH] “And now it’s HIT AND RUN BY ONE VEHICLE, ANOTHER DRUNK DRIVING AND IN THE GHETTO. We are not the ghetto, but we won’t be passed over. This happened Saturday morning between 2 and 3 AM on the 200 Block of South Second. Please help find the white vehicle that got away?
Apparently coming from Bruskies, can the owner help us? Can the police help us? Can the SPY help?”
- We have a higher percentage; but here are more of them … using the Internet. This is now; those numbers will continue to grow their percentage.
Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.… except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- In Lancaster County inspections this week, Asian, Indian and George’s in Mountville hit the mega-violations list – the “why would anyone go there to eat” list! – Lancaster Online
- In York County, several failed their FOLLOW-UP inspections. What is it so tough to follow food safety standards when you have the rule book, Darrenkamp’s and Wild Ginger? … The York Daily Record
- Video: Restaurant Inspections