- Two shot early this morning – Lancaster Online
Quote for today … “It’s easy to defend popular speech. It’s harder to defend FREE speech.” – Comment following this Pennlive article: “Alabama high school football announcer: You should be shot for not standing for anthem.”
Second quote for today … “This isn’t the first time we’ve seen Columbia’s schools pop up somewhere in a bad situation. There’s definitely a system of failure going on. And it’s going to take some major work to flush it out. But that’s the good thing about public schools- you can get rid of board members by voting them out! And attending board meetings. Don’t let your children and their education suffer.” – This comment (one of many) follows the post about the school incident at the People of Lancaster facebook page. While POL is “A satirical look at the people, places, and all things Lancaster County, PA.”, it has a broad audience.
Third quote for today … “This is a school district with no money and no resources who can’t possibly afford to properly train their educators and administrators on how to handle the disruptive youth that lives in the school district. Unfortunately the well mannered children Who actually want an education, are the minority here. And worse yet, the people in the borough who have lived there their whole lives and are “Columbia Proud”, just keep making excuses rather than move these children to a district where they will thrive. i’ve said it before, it’s like watching a sinking ship! If I were this mother, I’d be suing the school district for not taking action to protect my child. They need to start making an example out of these kids!“ – from the same thread (above)
Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.… except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- Sheesh … “The person in charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this noncompliant inspection.” That and a fairly lengthy list of violations are listed for Columbia Family Restaurant at Prospect in Lancaster County inspections this week | Shoulda’ stayed in Columbia – easier inspections processes. – Lancaster Online
- York County restaurant inspections. – The York Dispatch
- Video: Restaurant Inspections
- Be Vigilant | The Police Log in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster contains a piece about an E-town resident who received a spoofing call identified as being from the Elizabethtown Police Department. “Police said the technique in which a caller ID can be made to appear different is called ‘spoofing,’ and they remind residents to be vigilant for scam calls. Elizabethtown police said they will never atempt (sic) to solicit credit card information or donations via phone.”
facebook video | nearly 71,000 views – up 12,000 since yesterday morning!
- Borough Council meeting tomorrow evening | 7:00 pm at the Borough Hall – preliminary – borough-council-meeting-agenda-9-12-16
- School Board of Directors’ meeting Thursday, September 15 | 7:00 pm at the District Office, 200 N. Fifth Street, Columbia, PA – That agenda is not yet posted; it should be posted three days before the meeting.
- “Manheim, PA Voted Best Small Town Named Manheim, PA” – Satirical article at People of Lancaster Website
- Manheim Township’s tame compared to this Alabama high school sports announcer – Pennlive
- Paradoxical | LNP – Always Lancaster to host forum on “Diversity and Free Speech on Campus” – An article in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster.
- Poll says this choice among losers is tight – NewsLanc.com
“Greta Friedman, Who Claimed to Be the Nurse in a Famous V-J Day Photo, Dies at 92″ – The New York Times