Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “Penn State might not be an elite college football program anymore. But … ” – The lead sentence in this Columbus Dispatch article about last night’s game in Happy Valley.
Another quote … “That’s what community policing is all about. Its wonderful to hear that Officer Engle is so involved with the kids.” – from one of many “You know you’re from Columbia PA if…” facebook posts sounding the praises of Columbia Borough Police Department’s School Resource Officer, Officer Troy Engle. One of the posters included this photo:
Another quote … “Just keep fracking….. Gassholes… just remember… it all runs down stream….!!!” and “And the only concern expressed is human drinking water, not that of other mammals or the aquatic life in the river. We humans are so egocentric, hence the tragedies we continue to commit against life on Earth. When will we wise up and change our ways? No Earth, no humans. What shall we choose?” – two of the many comments following this Lancaster Online article about the Sunoco pipeline spill.in upsatate Pennsylvania.
- Recent property transactions in Columbia – 10-2016-deed-509-locust – 10-2016-deed-509-locust-2 – 110-2016-deed-509-locust-3
- A redevelopment authority takes over a farmers’ market – The York Daily Record / The Sunday News
- DEP Update on Sunoco Pipeline spill in Lycoming County [October 22, 2016] The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) has announced the following update on the gasoline spill into the Loyalsock Creek in Lycoming County. Click here to continue reading this news release from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Services.
- And from the “fox in the henhouse” news desk: “No petroleum-related compounds have been detected in the Susquehanna River since an 8-inch Sunoco Logistics pipeline was breached early Friday. That was the report Saturday from Sunoco,” – Pennlive
- GlobalIncidentMap status for the spill
- In a non-related incident, “About 100 fish died in oil spill in Millersburg stream: Fish & Boat Commission.” – Pennlive
Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.… except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- Caruso’s racks ’em up in this week’s Lancaster County inspections – Lancaster Online
- In York County – “Would you like some “live roaches” with your Japanese cuisine? – York County restaurant inspections. – The York Daily Record / The York Sunday News
- Video: Restaurant Inspections