Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “It could happen!” – JP from “Angels in the outfield.”
- It could happen – Cubs get to the World Series – The Chicago Tribune
- It could happen – Penn State beats Ohio State – The Daily Collegian
- It could happen – The end of democracy | “reason to doubt America’s resilience” – The Atlantic Magazine
- Another era | “On farmers’ markets and basket carriers” – column about a letter, The York Daily Record
- The Lancaster County Land Bank Authority Board of Directors Meeting is slated for 4 p.m. Tuesday. The meeting will be held 202 N. Prince Street, Suite 400, Lancaster, PA 17603. On the agenda: “Discussion of draft request for qualifications: Discussion of Draft Columbia Intergovernmental Cooperation Agreement.” – LNP – Always Lancaster.
- Don’t Rush! | “Study Leads to New Way of Thinking About Prostate Cancer” – NBC Nightly News
- There’s quite a bit of chatter at “What’s Happening in Columbia,Pa. and Area‘s” facebook page about the Prudhomme’s auctioning off the contents of the building 50 Lancaster Avenue.
- Also observations about the codes enforcement folks doing or not doing their jobs.
- So, the racist mayor of West York’s been replaced. Just how do so many deadbeats, drunks and racists get elected to office?
- The Columbia Mardi Gras Parade (Halloween Parade) will be held on Thursday, October 27, 2016 beginning at 7:00pm.” – Columbia Borough Website
- “Trick-or-treat will be held on Monday, 10/31/2016 from 6pm-8pm.” – Columbia Borough Website
LEGAL NOTICE NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Columbia Borough School District Board of Directors, Columbia, PA, will hold a Special Meeting on Wednesday, October 26, 2016, at 5:30 P.M. … Lancaster Online
The fox is back and speaketh …
- “Sunoco: No impact on water from gas spill so far” – WITF [So … why are the state’s environment protectors not making the news releases?]