Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “If You Want The Moon, Ask For The Stars” – The title of an article in Forbes Magazine. Also the ploy used by the Barnstormers as this Lancaster Online “Insider” article indicates: “Barnstormers owner accepts Lancaster County’s help with stadium rent, eyes more concerts and amenities.” From the Forbes article: “Self-made millionaires commonly recognize that their demands are unreasonable—but high-powered negotiations are often not about what’s reasonable. Self-made millionaires often use their extreme requests as leverage to come out of the negotiations serious winners.”
By Toby Ord – Own work, CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org
- Halloween or Hallowe’en (a contraction of All Hallows’ Evening), also known as Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Eve, or All Saints’ Eve, is a celebration observed in a number of countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows’ Day. It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed. – Wikipedia
- Drive safely and be especially vigilant this evening, In Columbia, “Trick-or-treat will be held on Monday, 10/31/2016 from 6pm-8pm.”
- An Elizabethtown High School teachers and classes conduct a “mock election.”
- How much election drama can we take? More Clintonesque email drama? More Trump drama? Molly Ann has the cure for her drama | dramamine.
- Do the polls really matter? This poll shows “Latest Upshot Poll Shows Trump With a Lead in Florida” – The New York Times
President Harry S. Truman gleefully displays an early edition of the Chicago Daily Tribune from his train in St. Louis after his defeat of Thomas E. Dewey in the 1948 presidential election. Getty Images
- “Clinton-Trump Probably Won’t Be The Next ‘Dewey Defeats Truman’” – fivethirtyeight.com
- Working Better Together – a FREE WEBINAR – tomorrow at 3:00 pm. “This 20 minute webinar will explore Guidelines for Creating Team Norms, a tool from SMART Learning Systems. This tool helps you think about strategies and approaches for establishing norms around topics such as attendance, communication, conflict management, decision making and more.”
- Despite what the clatter says (“Yes I know someone who has 9 pets and police said no problem if they’re on their property“) at this facebook site …
- Well … there’s a code for that! According to The Borough Code (Chapter 220, Section 31, Paragraph 9-c) “A maximum of three total dogs and/or cats, which shall not include more than two dogs, may be permitted to be kept by residents of each dwelling unit, … “