Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “Your ‘full-time’ Legislature is basically gone for the year after again failing to fix the funnel of public pensions annually sucking down billions of your tax dollars.” – From John Baer’s column about the over-priced, over-staffed, under-performers AKA our state “elected public servants” in Philly.com and syndicated in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster.
- Topping for the cake: “‘Pennsylvania pretty much takes the cake’ when it comes to paying its politicians, a new study finds.” – Central Penn Business Journal
- And look at what these “dysfunctionaries” have done to help Pennsylvania’s school funding. – WITF
- “All Saints’ Day is a solemn holy day of the Catholic Church celebrated annually on November 1.” – Catholic.org
- Another good thing about November 1 – It’s the last day before the election that LNP – Always Lancaster will accept “election-related” letters-to-the-editor.
- Who knew? | Turns out you cannot call your boss a “little bitch.” – Pennlive
- Columbia Police Department’s CrimeWatch page lists a bunch of “citations and criminal complaints.”
- Partners in Thyme announces craft-making agenda for November 4 meeting in Glen Rock. – news release
- Mount Joy’s train station to get serious improvements – Central Penn Business Journal
- In the “no-differences-in-personalities” battle for Pennsylvania’s US Senate “elected public servant” anointment, a poll at “F&M has McGinty up sharply, but it may be a fluke” – WITF
- How accurate are the polls anyway? Not very it seems. – The Washington Times