Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “”At one time, it was a demonstration of the wealth that existed in Marietta.”- David White, president of Marietta Restoration Associates, the historic preservation nonprofit that owns the building that may soon become an “escape room.” – Central Penn Business Journal
- During the School Board of Directors’ meeting on September 8, “(Janet) Schwert stated that Columbia Borough School District will become active again in the International Thespian Society.” Here’s an article at Lancaster Online about the reactivation of the organization at the high school.
- Don’t you wish people paid you to to this? | The typical “wolf” cry of more snow this winter in an LNP – Always Lancaster page one article; seems this is Millersville’s ground hog prognosticator’s call yearly.
Photo Credit: Farmer’s Almanac
- “Farmer’s Almanac 2016 – 2017 Winter Weather Prediction | Forecast” – Unofficial News Network
- Pick up a copy of LNP – Always Lancaster today for your “Voters’ Guide” listing what you need to know about issues, candidates, voting in Lancaster County.
- Interesting perspective in an Al Jazeera article about the comparisons of fighting in Syria and in the Spanish Civil War.
- Remember the Spanish Civil War – the dress rehearsal for World War II. – The Atlantic Magazine
- Cannot wait for the cessation of political advertising and the end of the one-sided letters-to-the-editor in LNP – Always Lancaster. The last day to send letters was yesterday; today’s newspaper is filled with a bunch, though.
- Happy thoughts, Bill! – There’s a LNP – Always Article about the events of Columbia’s 11-11-11 Club on Veterans’s Day (it’s also a Lancaster Online “Insider” article.) While searching for more information to share, we came across the obituary of Bill Linkhous, our friend and Mr. Everything for Columbia.
- Here’s The Merchandiser‘s arcticle about this year’s 11-11-11 Club’s program. Hope to see you there!