Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there. Days ’til coyote day!
Today’s quote … “Almost everyone in Europe dreads the Trump presidency. Everyone, except fascists.” – J.K. Rowling tweet. She is a British novelist, screenwriter and film producer best known as the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series.
- appointment disappointment abounds at all levels – The Los Angeles Times
- School Board Agenda for the meeting on the 19th is posted – tomorrows’ special meeting’s agenda is not. – Columbia Borough School District Website
- An article in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster states that Manheim Township’s Fire Department “is planning to hire three full-time firefighters” because it having a tough time getting volunteers. A harbinger?
- Increasingly, Americans “can’t afford the water bill.“ – Futurity
Columbia’s Public Library will be open ... but several county libraries will be closed for this upgrade!
- Unsustainable! (or deep doo-doo) | In 2000, our national debt was $5,674,178,209,886.86 – today it’s greater than $18,150,617,666,484.33. More than a 320% increase!– Treasury Direct
- “The ruling elite in the United States quite literally hand-pick politicians and pay for their campaigns to put them in office. More than half of all donations provided to the 2016 presidential candidates, in both parties, proves this notion as they came from a mere 158 families.” – The Free Thought Project