Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “Thank you for your response to my message. I plan to oppose your reelection for two reasons: first, because you supported a spectacularly unqualified individual to manage our nation’s education policy; and second, because your misspelling of the word ‘principal’ indicates that you yourself are unqualified to make such important decisions.” – response letter to her US legislator’s reply to her contact “ I contacted my senator about the DeVos vote. Here was his reply and my response.” – The Daily Kos
- RATHER SAFE THAN SORRY! Showing concern for their students, faculty and staff, many area schools announce delays at their Websites: Hempfield – Penn Manor – Donegal.
- Columbia Borough School District – No announcement at the Website.
- Our Lady’s School – Columbia has a delay announced at the WGAL-TV8 site – We’re guessing that’s supposed to be “Our Lady of the Angels Catholic School.”
- Monday, 7:00 pm – the monthly borough Council meeting – look for the agenda to be posted here sometime today.
- Can we have fallen down Alice’s rabbit hole? Lot’s of strange characters are here: Kelly Anne Conway – Sean Spicer – Betsy de Vos – Jefferson Beauregard “Jeff” Sessions III – The Mad Tweeter
- NOTE: Did you notice that de Vos is not seen wearing glasses anywhere except when appearing for her confirmation hearing. She must think wearing glasses makes her look smarter!
- Oh, yeah. Betsy and her ilk don’t send their kids to public schools. A pyramid scheme.
- Impugn this! | “After calling him a ‘S**t Gibbon,’ Pa. senator goes next-level troll, asking Trump for campaign money” – Penn Live
- “The story of Elizabeth Taylor Greenfield, America’s first black pop star” – The Conversation
- “February is African American History Month – The Library of Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum join in paying tribute to the generations of African Americans who struggled with adversity to achieve full citizenship in American society.” | Lesson Plans: “Put the power of primary sources to work in the classroom. Browse ready-to-use lesson plans, student activities, collection guides and research aids.”
- LEGAL NOTICE | Little People of Columbia fictitious name announcement
- LEGAL NOTICE | Pumpkin Ink fictitious name announcement
- Who knew! | Domino’s has a Wedding Registry
- Flippin’ condescending comment by elected public servant posing as Senator – The Daily Kos
- Blackjack made me do it | She steals from “49 elderly clients.” Posts a minimal bail and walks among them.
- When the past grabs you | “Photos found in safe deposit box result in child porn charges for Lancaster man” – Lancaster Online
- We’ve wrecked the nation; we learned nothing from the Soviet debacle! pull out of Afghanistan now. | “Top U.S. general in Afghanistan said thousands more troops needed for fight against Taliban” – The Los Angeles Times