Saw our first spotted lanternfly today. He/she was a dead one – according to the experts, the only good lantern fly is a dead one. This one was on the stairwell in a downtown parking garage in Reading.
Skanky weather day to drive to and from Reading. Rain was fairly heavy and consistent. A dash cam view.
“DuckDuckGo is a private search engine. It is adamant about spreading privacy around the Internet. However, there is one issue we discovered that raises privacy concerns. Your search terms, while they may be sent over your network in an encrypted form, show up in plain text in browsing history.”
“DuckDuckGo, a pro-privacy search engine alternative, raised $10 million last week from Canada’s Omers’ venture capital fund amid growing privacy concerns from Google.” – Breitbart
“Isolation and loneliness affect millions of people, and especially seniors. Thank you so much for taking a minute out of your day to think about what a difference it could make to be a good neighbor.
“Reaching out, spending time, and creating connections are all great ways to help you and your neighbors live longer, more meaningful, and richer lives. Helping seniors who are isolated is one of AARP Foundation’s major goals, and we couldn’t do it without you. But the Good Neighbor ChallengeSM is just the beginning!
- Mark your calendar for National Good Neighbor Day on September 28, and use this moment to get to know your neighbors a little better.
- Read more about what social isolation looks like and how we can work together to make sure our neighbors stay connected and supported as they age.
- Check out helpful resources you can share with others (or use yourself!) to prevent isolation and remind seniors that they’re not alone.
- Find volunteering opportunities near you — no matter your age, there are great opportunities to make new connections as you work with your neighbors to improve your community.
- Make a special gift before National Good Neighbor Day and help us reach struggling seniors in every neighborhood across the country.”
This message is shared from an email from the AARP Foundation.