Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.” – Queen Gertrude from Shakespeare’s Hamlet. Wonder whether that might apply to the incoming POTUS, as well.
A second quote … “Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA – NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!” – Tweet from the incoming POTUS.
- “As you head out this morning please take your time and use caustion (sic). There are many secondary roads that are slippery due to ice. Thanks and have a safe day.” – post at the Columbia Police Department facebook page
- Riding the “guv’ment” pony | Lancaster County DA looking to be a judge – Lancaster Online
- “Woman displaced after fire strikes Columbia home; damage estimated at $50,000 to $60,000” – Lancaster Online
- The plot thickens. | Can US intelligence be so wrong? – CNN
- A Cure for Senior Loneliness – next avenue
- Susquehanna Center for the Creative Arts is offering two painting workshops with Master Artist, Ange Bentivegna this month. You will create a 16×20 painting of high quality in two hours. These workshops are designed for beginners and those with experience. – news release
- Want to guess who is atop the list? | “America’s most hated companies” – 24/7 Wall St.
- And the most hated company “warns of costly legal battle if (Philly’s mayor) Kenney doesn’t veto wage discrimination bill” – Philly.com
- Appointment disappointment | Happens when folks are appointed (e.g., hand-picked) for positions.
- PA Senator cowboys up – PoliticsPA.com
- Great idea | “Students Examine Ways to Improve Effectiveness of Lancaster’s Central Market” – F&M College
- SMH | Don’t you wonder why the Mitch McConnell’s keep being reelected? – “Schumer sends McConnell back his own 2009 letter on nominations” – The Hill
- Oh! dem golden showers! – sung to the tune O!, dem golden slippers.