Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “We had a great News Conference at Trump Tower today. A couple of FAKE NEWS organizations were there but the people truly get what’s going on” – Tweet from the incoming POTUS.
A second quote … “We must act quickly to bring relief to the American people.’’ – Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell in this Boston Globe article: “Senate ready to start taking apart Affordable Care Act.” | With or without a replacement plan?
- “Pottstown Borough Council gives green light to land-bank idea” – Housing Alliance of PA
- Yesterday’s ice was a big problem – though the Columbia Police Department did caution folks at its facebook page Columbia Borough School District did not announce a delay to the chagrin of many parents. Many other school districts did have delays or cancelations. Here’s one comment from a string at What’s happening at Columbia PA and area facebook page: “This is crazy, children falling. Shame on you School district of Columbia, start thinking about the kids safety, instead of thinking with your feet.“
- “A Small City’s Path to Getting the Most from Social Media” | “Regularly posting event content, such as holiday celebrations and community activities, was the most effective way to build the city’s social media audience, followed by recognitions of public service.” – Governing.com
A new face at the Historic Columbia Market House on Fridays – IWPEPA facebook page
- “Death rattle” – FreeThoughtProject
- Park City in danger? – NewsLanc
- What a good idea! | Noticed that Denver borough appointed a “junior councillor” – a high school student to attend the first council meeting of each month.
- Slower tax returns for those who need them now – Chron.com
- Wagner announces – Pennlive
- “Time to move on” – Pennlive
- It’s all about the money | “As Trump attacks drug industry, few in Congress rush to its aid” – STATnews [Mr. President, they don’t answer to you – they answer to the ones who fill their pockets!]