So here are a few more items of interest – for one reason or another!
- “Firehose of falsehood” | “If most sources of information deserve skepticism and distrust, the few trustworthy ones that remain are likely to be discounted, too.” – The Rand Corporation.
- Oh, Gwyneth | Have you lost your “eggs?” – The Washington Post
- Size matters to some | “Two inaugurations – two different crowds” – Youtube
- What? Lawyers “paid to find loopholes” | That’s from just one of the 45+ comments following Columbis Spy’s post “Columbia School Board reverses decision – almost!”
- Reckon that’s the crux of tomorrow night’s meeting? | Be sure to come for the Perry Mason “gotcha.”
- So, you may ask: “Is there a professional oath for a lawyer? | According to this answer to the question at Quora.com, “There is. We also agree to follow the ethical rules of our state and to submit ourselves to the authority of the Supreme Court of our state and the disciplinary board.Here is the oath I took in Pennsylvania:‘I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge the duties of my office with fidelity, as well to the court as to the client, that I will use no falsehood, nor delay the cause of any person for lucre or malice.’”
- Google defines lucre as “money, especially when regarded as sordid or distasteful or gained in a dishonorable way.”
- Cabinet “sweetheart deals” | It’s what government is made of. – STATnews
- This is a heart breaker!!! | Anybody want to chip in to help John! | Just now got this email (Sad News …… John Bishop): ” I really hope you get this fast. I could not inform anyone about our trip, because it was impromptu. We had to be in Philippines for a Tour..the program was successful, but our journey has turned sour. We misplaced our wallets and cell phones on our way back to the hotel after we went for sight seeing. The wallet contains all the valuables we have. Now, our luggage is in custody of the hotel management pending when we make payment. I am sorry if i am inconveniencing you, but I have only very few people to turn to now. I will be very grateful if I can get a short term loan of ($1,950) from you. This will enable me sort our hotel bills and get my sorry self back home. I will really appreciate whatever you can afford at this moment. I promise to refund it in full as soon as I return. Please let me know if you can be of any assistance.Thanks, John E. Bishop” [NOTE: They’re out there.]