Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Quote for today … Among the changes in the new Republican-crafted “Obamacare Repeal and Replacement bill”: “Repeals all appropriations for the Prevention and Public Health Fund, which provides funding to a variety of public health concerns, like Alzheimer’s research, diabetes prevention, heart disease prevention, anti-smoking initiatives, immunization, scientific support for state and local officials to detect and respond to outbreaks, and much more.” – Consumerist.com
- Last night WGAL-TV8 had a segment about property tax assessment that’s now under way.
- Realtor.com has a listing of “by street” Property Records & Home Values for all of Columbia.
- “Lancaster City Restaurant Week has close to 50 restaurants offering discounts, deals through March 12” – Lancaster Online
- Equity! | An article in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster notes that Armstrong Flooring will eliminate 40 jobs in a cost reduction program. Bet there’ll be no impact at the top of Armstrong’s labor pool..
- Bet, too, the 40 persons who lose their jobs will not be getting one-and-a-quarter million good bye gifts.
- Really? $1,000 a year for healthcare insurance! | This is from a letter-to-the-editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster: “A few facts for context: Rank-and-file legislators’ base pay for 2017 is $86,478.50; in 2016, the Pennsylvania House had scheduled 70 days to be in session; and members can purchase health care for $1,000 a year — an amount many Pennsylvanians pay per month.”
- Another full page of letters-to-the-editor in LNP – Always Lancaster again! Almost all divergent and polarized.
- ATTENTION Clubs, churches, small business owners, government: “Seven sure-fire ways to catch a corporate thief” – Central Penn Business Journal