today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “The Columbia Historic Market House and Dungeons is certainly filled with history, some of it visible and some of it not. All of it, however, is worthy of investigation.” – From this post about the Columbia Market House at HauntinglyPA.com
- Be sure to read Joseph W. Smith, Jr.’s scathing “unbiased” commentary following the fire company decertification article at LancasterOnline.
- “Cart before the horse” hearing in Columbia – “LEGAL NOTICE The Zoning Hearing Board of the Borough of Columbia will meet on Wednesday, October 29, 2014, at 7:00 P.M., in the Municipal Building at 308 Locust Street, Columbia, PA, to consider the following application(s) and/or appeal(s): Vincent Fiorella is requesting special exception(s) and/or variance(s) to construct an accessory building at 631 South Thirteenth Street … ” – LancasterOnLine
- Columbia’s Halloween Parade is tonight – Red Rose Transit announces detour info
- York welcomes food carts – York Daily Record
- CreekFire: Way to go York – The York Dispatch
- It’s WaterFire in Providence
- RE-POST OF AUGUST 1, 2013 ARTICLE: “Saw an article about ‘dragon boat races’ – h-m-m-m, would that be something a town with a river could consider? A few visionaries introduced dragon races in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, in 2000. Since then it’s evolved into an “event” that has helped to infuse identity, vitality and economic impact into this once ‘dead’ river and blue collar community outside Providence. There’s a great bike/walk trail too and another being completed.
A very special watch with Columbia Watch and Clock Museum as an inspiration: The RGM Pennsylvania Series Caliber 801 Baseball is limited to just 10 pieces – ForbesLife